14 June, 2011

Ode to Code...(y)

Today was a sad day. It was a day of despididas. The first to go, was one of my best friends here, Cody.
I met Cody back in January at the Portland Ale House, the American bar here in Valencia (which I LOVE, and probably only thanks to this clown)
I happened to sit next to cody at the bar during the NFL playoffs and struck up conversation. The rest is history.
It began with meeting up at a well known spot near his piso, and near where I tutor, at the FOLDER store. Then it turned into semi weekly coffees at the Cruz Blanca (still not sure if thats really the name)
Our knowledge of Folder is the reason we're friends
Every morning when I woke up, I was bid good morning via Gchat (since the poor guy was already at work!) and we would meet regularly for a drink or a night on the town.
Cody left today to return to Virginia to go take another stab at America. Good Luck in the real world Cody, Ill be here in Spain when you're ready to come back! You were a great friend and we had great times together. I will really miss you!




My favorite memories of Cody:
-The time Omar Cook bought us shots
-Superhero rolls


-You're overly large wallet with hilarious pictures inside
-Coffee at cruz blanca
-The time you burnt my food making chicken wings
-Bog Roll
-Cooking class and especially finishing my leftovers!
-Eating gross sausage sandwiches during fallas
-Ordering Nachos from the nacho libre burrito place... and ordering EVERYTHING on them
-The time you made me go into that special "club" in Malta, and I walked directly out!
-watching you drink all those vodka redbull pitchers

-The time you waved to us from inside a nice luxurious car as i was boarding a sticky old bus in Malta... then drove away
-Bici-ing around Valencia and almost getting me killed
-Your nomadic tendencies
-L'umbracle, I wouldn't have gone without you!
-The time you stepped over a kid, finally!

I'll always be your Sugarplum
<3

p.s. im keeping your knives ;)  bromaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment