28 October, 2011

Truco o Trato! Happy Halloween

Trick or Treat
Smell my feet
Give me something
Good to eat!
If you don't
I don't care,
I'll pull down
your underwear!

Of course I taught that to Violeta, but unfortunately, time today did not permit me to teach it to my school. Thats because today was a super busy, super exciting day at Seneca Elementary... they day we celebrated halloween!

decked out in black and orange for the occasion! 
Me and my co-workers planned a bunch of fun events for the students. We planned and prepared "Pin the Nose on the Witch", "Pin the Tail on the Cat", "Build a Skeleton"  which involved sort o a relay race and vocabulary photo matching, and of course my personal favorite: Sensory Boxes! In each box was some sort of everyday food/product that tricked you into believing it was something else because you can't see it! Pumpkin seeds= finger nails, Peeled tomato= heart, spaghetti = guts, wet sponge= a brain, and my favorite: peeled grapes= eyeballs. QUE ASCO!

testing out pin the tail on the wtich


sensory boxes




We prepared almost all week for these events, and in the morning we had a rough start, but after one or two groups we got into the swing of things and each figured out our niche and how to work each game with each age group.

In the end it turned out to be a huge success despite time restrictions, and language restrictions.

Please look at these 1st graders faces... they made my day!!!





We were congratulated by the other teachers in the school for putting so much work into this day. We were told normally that they just try to scare the children for 15 minutes and there weren't any activities.

This year they were still scared by AMPA, the "PTA" of the school (this lead to lots and lots of screaming and shrieking and of course headaches)


But I believe we had a nice combination of fright and fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys threw a rockin' Halloween bash! How many auxiliares are their at your school? I love the idea of the sensory-experience-in-a-box; the kids expressions are priceless.

    ReplyDelete