17 October, 2011

Change is GOOD!

So I know I said that I was living with a family this year composed of a girl and a boy.... but things have changed!

I am still with a family, but I have changed families for reasons I will not disclose here on my blog except for saying that I am 24 going on 25 and I prefer some independence rather than being a slave 7 days a week. =)

So I am now with a WONDERFUL family composed of 2 young girls of 2.5 years old, and 5 years old. The 5 year old attends a bilingual Montessori school and the 2.5 year old is in public preschool.

They are wonderful girls who love to have fun, laugh, sing, play, and not cry!

Today I really worked the 5 year old on her english and she amazed me! She is really picking it up quickly! We read some books, play games on my ipad, and play in the park

As for the 2.5 year old, thats going a bit slower because she is just learning things in spanish such as colors, numbers and nouns, so when I say things in English, she gets confused or upset.

Example:
(in the car, noa has a red balloon. the word for balloon is globo)
Noa: Un obo!!!!
Chelsea: a balloon!!!
Noa: Balloon no!!! obo!!!!!
Chelsea: yes, its red, a red balloon!
Noa: balloon no!!!! obo ojo! (red=rojo)

Violeta who just turned 5 and whose favorite color is purple! (does it surprise you?)
Noa, she's 2.5 and knows she's cute

No comments:

Post a Comment