07 September, 2012

The Life of Chelsea. Chapter 25 1/2

In my 25th and a half year of life, I started my first real big girl job. I probably could have gotten a real big girl job before if I wanted, but I had preferred to play in Spain for 2 years first, after an extra year playing at College. To each his own (YOLO?)

Bueno, I am going to leave my place of employment as a mystery to to my blog for many reasons, but I will fill you in on some pistas (hints)

  • My job is in Madrid, inside the city (zone A!)
  • I work with children
  • In the field of education
  • Active Education (which is also "alternative" )
  • At my job, it is rare someone raises their voice, and if they do, they are probably 4 and miss mommy or are mad at you and don't know how to use their words
  • Kids say things like "la comida del cole está muy rica!!" (the schools food is so delicious!")
  • It is a bilingual school
  • My 5 year olds can count up to 1000 and before entering primary, they can multiply and divide. They also know there are 7 continents and know what they look like and their names.
  • My 3 year olds can sew buttons, hand wash towels, pour water, wash their dishes and even put things back where they belong!
  • My job requires me to have a bit of OCD
I'm not sure how prepared I was for 42 hour work weeks, 5 days a week, but I'm giving it a shot. I've got a positive attitude and I am feeling optimistic about the next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment