18 August, 2011

"Holidays"

So after a very difficult goodbye to Valencia, I had a lot to look forward to. One major excitement was that the girls from New York City were coming to Madrid, and leaving Valencia meant reuniting with my guapa girl Jen, who I "studied" abroad with 2 summers ago. The plan was madrid for one weekend, San Sebastian for 3 days, then off to Italy!
However, time with Jen normally means lots of late, crazy nights and unforgettable stories and adventures... this time was no different.
After reuniting with our Madrileño friends (some unexpected old friends...) it was time to explore new territory!
2 pajaras con 2 pajaras

San Sebastian was as beautiful as everyone warned me. However, it was also colder than I expected! But I toughed it out for the 3 nights I was there and warmed up with plenty of dancing, pinxos and wine.... 
OOOOHHHH the pinxos and wine! How I miss them already! Pinxos are these little tapa like foodthings, perhaps on a piece of bread, perhaps not. Each one normally costs around 1.50 euros to 3 euros.. the fancy ones hike up the price a bit. But they are delicious. We enjoyed ordering multiple, and trying bites of each one.
mushrooms (setas), ham, and peppers

an array of deliciousness

revuelto- scrambled eggs with mushrooms

the winner!!! sun dried tomato, goat cheese, and jamon serrano.... two please!
Other San Sebastian Highlights:
*having Empire State of Mind play for us when we walked into a bar
*drinking out of the big glass
*taking on the job of promoters
*Getting lost at 3 am and having a police office tell me he's too busy to help!
*Getting free t-shirts
*ham, cheese, and tomato pinxos




After filling up on pinxos and making friends with almost every bartender and promoter  in San Sebastian (and I must say, Jen and I are excellent promoters as well)... it was time for me to bid farewell to the ladies of New York but also time to say Ciao to Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment