06 March, 2011

Museo de Ciencias

Back in September or October, I made a vow to myself.
"I will do at least one touristy thing a week"
That lasted long.... until now! Now I feel like there is so much going on I cant sit still! And with the beautiful weather I dare not spend the day inside!

So today, after feeling in desperate need of alone time, I headed over to the City of Arts and Sciences to finally go inside a building! Making big moves in Valencia!

So I chose to go into the Principe Felipe Museo de Ciencias. With my young peoples VIP card I got in for 6.55 euros. The place was huge with so much to do! I was slightly overwhelmed!
Some exhibits they had included:
1) Wellness: This included experimenting with syraphone cushions about whats best for your back, balance activities, learning about your muscles and strength, exercise, body alterations, and lots of other really cool thigns
2)Exploratorium: where you explore mind tricks, sounds, vision, and other secrets of nature
3) Under full sail: where you discover about the ocean and science of sailing. You learn about salts, wind power, navigation, maps, and so much more
4) A whole exhibit about wood, its importance and its use.
5) Science of superheroes
6) Foucault's Pendulum
7) DNA
8) Climate change- the greenhouse effect, light bulbs, solar panels, and more
9) A really cool exhibit dealing with and testing your memory! (this was one of my favorite and most interactive!)
10) Science of star-trek
11) Life sciences dealing with balance, development, death, bra's, how we move, etc
12) And what museum in Spain is complete without something about football? Well there was an entire exhibit dedicated to science of sports and movement featuring Valencia Futbol (soccer) Club!!! It was cool you could study nutrition, average heights, weights (it measured you and compared you too the average player!) and this really cool thing that was an x-ray where you could see your bones and muscles. I even saw some xbox's in this exhibit.

There was seriously way too much at this museum for me to absorb in one day. I will definitely be making a few more trips back to fully explore (sometimes you need a partner- its SUPER interactivo!)

Let me know who wants to take a trip with me next time!!!
hoist the anchors

squeeze the bottles and smell the air, what memory does it evoke?

memory activities

all different types of wood!

DNA

Global warming exhibit. it exists

sports with the valencia c.f exhibit! a look at muscles and bones

world cup jerseys



3 comments: