25 August, 2012

Traveling vs. Vacationing

This morning after my back to the grind run, I was pouring my coffee and making my banana "ice cream" (essentially a frozen banana in the blender with a dash of milk, honey and coconut), when I had a startling EPIPHANY..... I never really go on VACATION!

This realization occurred to me this morning because I already miss my vacation, and it only ended last night!  We spent 6 days in magnificent Mallorca and I was so sad to say goodbye to the beautiful island and resume my life in the big city. Im sorry, Im an island girl.

But this was one of my first true vacations in a long time. Yes, maybe I've had "vacation" from school/work, but what did I do? Most of the time I was being a crazy tourist in some far away city, probably not relaxing at all, or maybe I was wondering around Madrid exploring new cafes, restaurants and bars. Or maybe I was in New York fighting jet lag and running around to get everything in I wanted to in a short amount of time. But thats not a vacation!  Thats tiring! 

TRAVELING IS TIRING!

After traveling, Im always desiring another "vacation" immediately after to recuperate, a few days more to rest, to catch up, to transition and to do laundry and paint my nails

This past week my friends, was a VACATION


Beaches, cocktails, pools, sunscreen, beach umbrellas, beautiful views of the Mediterranean from our hotel room, wine on the terrace while mesmerized by the Mediterranean, lazy road trips on basically desserted roads,  no watches, humidity, sun, seafood.... 

It took me a day or two to adjust to vacation life... of not having a schedule, not being rushed, being able to sit and do NOTHING. Me: I'm not used to doing nothing. I dont know what to do with myself if I have nothing to do, I always need an activity! But now that vacation is over, its all I want! Nothingness! Relaxation!  La vida sin prisa!

Take me back to the beach!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment