13 August, 2012

Istanbul By the Numbers

Istanbul is a city I am having trouble putting into words. It took my breath away, it made me feel envious, it made me feel full, it made me cover my ears, and it kept making me repeat "no lo creo" or "I don't believe it!"  Here is post numero uno about Istanbul

1: How many Mosques we visited... the Blue Mosque. 



2: Number of continents Istanbul is on
The Bridge that connects European Istanbul with Asia

Black Sea in Asia!
4: Number of goat's milk Ice creams eaten (pistachio yummm)

5: Number of Kebabs that were eaten between the two of us

6: Approximate number of hours spent doing toursity things day one

336: Number of Columns holding up the Basilica Cistern, or "Sunken Palace"

4: Number of different purposes the Hagia Sophia served as (Greek Cathedra, Romal Cathedral, Mosque, museum)


4: How many times Istanbul was a capital to an Empire (Roman, Byzantine, Latin and Ottoman)

1: How many times we were denied alcohol due to Ramadan

400: Years that Ottoman Sultans resided in the Topkapi Palace

3: Hours spent cruising the Bosphorus River

13.5: Population of Istanbul... in millions

7.5 Millions of tourists visit Istanbul per year

2.195: Turkish Lira you get for 1 euro

50: Number of Turkish Delights I ate.... at least!

11: Number of times Esteban was confused for a Turk

3: Roof top terraces from which we enjoyed a breath-taking view


40: Minutes we spent pretending to be interested in Turkish Carpets

0: Number of Carpets we purchased

12: Number of times we Bargained with a salesman

2: Lamps we brought home

7: Purchases made on Turkish Delight

100: Number of times I want to return in my lifetime


No comments:

Post a Comment